Bouldering League Winter 2018
Six weeks... January 31 - March 7
As with all our leagues our goal is to foster community and camaraderie. So rather than competing only as individuals, we will put together teams of four climbers who will compete together against the other teams. These teams will be of mixed ability and mixed gender.
Here's the skinny
- Starts Wednesday, January 31st at 6:00pm.
- Meets every Wed at 6:00pm for the following 5 weeks.
- It's okay if you can't arrive until later. You can climb until 10pm
- Price: $30 includes a t-shirt, and a party for finals
- If you are not currently a member you may purchase a 10-punch pass for $125 on or before the first night of the league.
- Finals on Wednesday, March 7th
- Each week we'll post the team scores as well as the individual scores.
- We will order the shirts on Feb 1st.
Week 1: Jan 31st
This is the initial ranking week. Come and climb the freshly set boulders created by our setting team expressly for the league this week. As with a normal redpoint competition, you'll have the whole evening to climb and your score will be the sum of the top 5 boulders you complete.
Afterward, we'll divide the field into four quartiles, and randomly pick one person from each quartile to make each team.
It is very important that everyone who wants to participate in the league attends this week so that we can do a proper ranking and team assignment. If you know that you cannot attend this week then please be sure to note that when you sign-up.
Weeks 2 through 5
Come week 2 and meet your team.
All of the freshly set boulders each week are available to contribute to your individual score. Use your teammates for beta, encouragement, or heckling (whatever best motivates you to send). Everyone has until closing to climb, and your score will be the sum of the top 5 boulders you complete.
Week 6: Finals Week - Mar 7th
Everyone will get a chance to climb in front of a cheering crowd.
Afterward there will be pizza from Slyce, Mary's Mountain Cookies and drinks.
Each week an individual score will be the sum of your top 5 problems.
Over the course of the league your individual score will be a cumulative total of your best 4 nights. Thus, you can miss one week without a penalty.
Your team's weekly score will be the sum of your 4 team member's individual scores.