What is Ascent Studio?
Ascent Studio is a next generation climbing and fitness facility in Fort Collins, the heart of Northern Colorado’s front range. We are focused on creating a unique indoor climbing experience and building an inclusive, friendly climbing community.
Whether you are training for a first ascent, or simply hoping to overcome your fear of heights, we have designed Ascent Studio for you. From the moment you peek in our expansive windows, we want you to feel welcomed, inspired and empowered to achieve something new.
The bouldering area has sections reaching 15 feet tall, spanning everything from gentle slab to steep overhangs. Some areas are top-out, so start working on your mantle. There is a bouldering ramp from the ground floor to the climbing mezzanine, allowing endurance bouldering “routes” that are more than 35 feet long.
Top Rope and Lead Climbing
The rope climbing walls range in height from 34 - 49 feet tall. Most of the 45 top-rope lines are also leadable. An additional 15 anchor points are lead-only, to a height of 46 feet (and 25 feet overhung) allowing routes of up to 55 feet long. There are also 4 different crack climbing routes.
How fast can you climb? We currently have one official 10M speed climbing lane. The current world record for a 15M wall is 5.6 seconds. Think you can beat that? The lane setting will rotate between the official IFSC speed climbing holds and regular climbing holds.
Get stronger in our dedicated training section. This features two adjustable systems walls, expansive campus board, hang-boards, free weights, cable cross-over, Power Cage, and cardio area. The cardio area features treadmills, an elliptical, rowers, and air bikes.
Yoga & Fitness Classes
The yoga studio offers weekly scheduled group sessions for yoga. Standard yoga and fitness classes are included in your membership and day pass fees. Some specialty classes will be offered which will cost extra. Fitness classes are coming in summer 2017.
We have also partnered with Live Beyond Limit for teaching Acro Yoga in our studio on a weekly basis. Acro Yoga is one of the specialty classes that will cost extra.
A section of the studio is designed for use by parties and groups. When this area is not being used by a group it will be available for anyone. We also have free Wi-Fi, full-service locker rooms, and an outdoor patio. A slackline will occasionally be available during off-peak times. Ping-pong table for hanging out with friends and loosening up for a climbing session.
COMING SUMMER 2017
We are currently building out our retail space in the front atrium.
We will have a child-care and early-climber room.
AT A GLANCE
- Bouldering from gentle slab to steep overhang, 13' to 15' tall sections with some top-out.
- Roped climbing walls from 34' to 49' tall, 49 top-rope lines, most of which are leadable.
- 11 lead-only anchor points
- An official IFSC speed climbing lanes.
- Arêtes, hanging arêtes, dihedrals, roofs, mini-roofs, slabs.
- Cracks: fingers, hands, fists, left and right facing corners.
- 6-7 week turnover rate by the routesetting crew.
- Yoga studio with daily classes.
- Dedicated training area with two adjustable system walls, campus board and hang-boards.
- Fitness area with free weights, cable crossover machine, treadmills, rowers and exercise bikes.
- Slacklines (off-peak use).
- Full-service locker rooms.