Who is Ascent?
We are an energetic team of dedicated climbers working together to:
- Foster community. We strive for a diverse, inclusive, friendly community with a shared passion for climbing.
- Serve the community. We have the duty and privilege to provide the front range with the best indoor climbing experience possible.
- Have fun! We're always looking for creative ways to inspire and pleasantly surprise.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter indicating what position(s) you are applying for to:
- Embody the mission statement and core values for Team Ascent, as well as the mission and values of the Ascent Studio Youth Instructional Program.
- Attend all scheduled Team Ascent practices, or secure coverage when travel or other life events prevent practice attendance.
- Support the implementation of training programs for the Prep, Dev, and Comp levels of Team Ascent, as designed by the Head Coach.
- Abide by coaching practices that emphasize the physical and emotional health and safety of all Team Ascent athletes.
- Defer to the authority of the Head Coach with respect to the direction, progression, and vision of Team Ascent and its athletes.
- Travel with qualifying Team Ascent athletes to local, Regional, Divisional, and National level competitions, at the discretion of the Head Coach.
- Support a healthy relationship with all other Front Range climbing team programs, athletes, and coaches.
- Support a constant line of communication with Team Ascent parents and athletes, as established and directed by the Head Coach.
- Communicate regularly with the Head Coach and larger coaching staff regarding individual Team Ascent athlete performance and progression, to ensure a consistent dialogue between the coaching staff and individual athletes/athlete parents.
- Pursue professional coaching development opportunities on a personal level, as recommended by the Head Coach and with the support of Ascent Studio Climbing & Fitness.
- Assist the Head Coach in ensuring that Team Ascent functions as an independent but integrated unit within the Ascent Studio Youth Instructional Program.
- Create relationships with members, and help form bonds within the climbing community.
- Be the face of Ascent Studio!
- Minimum 2 years of extensive climbing experience in multiple disciplines at an advanced level, including both indoor and outdoor bouldering and sport climbing.
- Ability to provide quality, informed coaching on climbs up to 5.13 and V8.
- (Preferred) experience coaching a competitive youth climbing team that was involved in the USA Climbing competition circuit.
- (Preferred) experience instructing climbing to youth ages 6-18.
- Minimum 2 years of personal competition experience on the USA Climbing youth or professional circuit, preferably since 2012.
- Possession or active pursuance of the requirements to be a USA Climbing Certified Coach (currently up to date CPR/First Aid/AED, background check, and SafeSport Training Program completion).
- Knowledge and experience with the USA Climbing rulebook, competition formats, and operational procedures.
- A passion for working with kids ages 6-18.
- Strong communication skills.
- Available during the operational hours of Team Ascent practices.