An energetic team of dedicated climbers working together to:
- Foster community. We strive for a diverse, inclusive, friendly community with a shared passion for climbing.
- Serve the community. We have the duty and privilege to provide the front range with the best indoor climbing experience possible.
- Have fun! We're always looking for creative ways to inspire and pleasantly surprise.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter indicating what position(s) you are applying for to:
- Identify and implement a mission statement and core values for Team Ascent that are in line with the mission and values of the Ascent Studio Youth Instructional Program
- Attend and oversee all Team Ascent practices, or secure coverage when travel or other life events prevent practice attendance
- Design and implement training programs for both the Comp and Prep levels of Team Ascent
- Provide individualized training plans for Team Ascent athletes when applicable
- Design, enforce, and continuously improve a qualification process for selecting members of the Comp and Prep levels of Team Ascent
- Implement and enforce coaching practices that emphasize the physical and emotional health and safety of all Team Ascent athletes
- Travel with qualifying Team Ascent athletes to local, Regional, Divisional, and National level competitions
- Maintain a healthy relationship with all other Front Range climbing team programs, and actively pursue opportunities for collaboration that benefit Team Ascent athletes
- Maintain a constant line of communication with Team Ascent parents and athletes, and distribute all relevant information regarding practices, team events, and competitions
- Communicate regularly with individual Team Ascent athletes and parents regarding athlete performance and progression
- Stay up to date with modern training research pertaining to climbing and youth athletic development
- Pursue professional coaching development opportunities on a personal level, with the support of Ascent Studio Climbing & Fitness
- Play an active role in the hiring process of the Team Ascent coaching staff
- Help develop the Team Ascent coaching staff on a professional level, with the support of the Director of Programming
- Communicate the needs of Team Ascent with the Director of Programming, and ensure that those needs are met in a timely manner
- Communicate with the Director of Programming and the Youth Coordinator to ensure that Team Ascent functions as an independent but integrated unit within the Ascent Studio Youth Instructional Program
- Communicate the setting-specific seasonal needs of Team Ascent with the Head Setter, and ensure that those needs are met in a timely manner
- Create relationships with members, and help form bonds within the climbing community.
- Be the face of Ascent Studio!
- Minimum 5 years of extensive climbing experience in multiple disciplines at an advanced level, including both indoor and outdoor bouldering and sport climbing
- Ability to provide quality, informed coaching on climbs up to 5.14 and V11
- Minimum 2 years of experience coaching a competitive youth climbing team that was involved in the USA Climbing competition circuit
- Minimum 2 years of instructing climbing to youth ages 6-18
- Minimum 2 years of personal competition experience on the USA Climbing youth or professional circuit, preferably since 2012
- Possession or active pursuance of the requirements to be a USA Climbing Certified Coach (currently up to date CPR/First Aid/AED, background check, and SafeSport Training Program completion)
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the USA Climbing rulebook, competition formats, and operational procedures
- Experience writing and implementing coaching curricula for large programs (20 participants or larger), as well as individualized training plans for elite-level athletes (climbing 5.13/V9 or above)
- A passion for working with kids ages 6-18
- Strong communication and organizational skills