Registration for Fall 2022 Clubs is OPEN!!
Sign up now!
Note: OUR YOUTH CLUBS FILL. Register early to secure your spot, and reach out to the Youth Programming Coordinator if you'd like to be added to a waitlist.
If you have any questions about our youth programs, please email our Youth Programming Coordinator, Hayley Welch.
- Fall Length: We will be kicking off the fall with four 4-week sessions. Read through Levels 1-3 below to learn about which class is right for your climber.
- Session Dates:
- Session 1: Aug. 22 - Sep. 16, 2022
- Session 2: Sep. 19 - Oct. 14, 2022
- Session 3: Oct. 17 - Nov. 11, 2022
- Session 4: Nov. 14 - Dec. 16, 2022 (no class week of Nov. 21-25)
All of our age groups are strict, meaning we can't make exceptions! Your child must be the age of the group they're enrolling for within the first week of class. For example, if your 5 year old turns 6 the first week of class, they may join the Sprouts Age 6-9 group. However, if they're turning 6 the second week of class, you should enroll in one more session of Seeds (Age 3-5). There are not exceptions to this policy.
Once you've chosen your class, you must CLICK on the green date you prefer in the calendar to choose your day. If you do not click on the day you prefer, it will say that there's no available times for your selection.
Sibling Discount: More than 1 kiddo signing up for club? Enter FALL22SIB into the "Promotional Codes" box when signing up to receive 10% off.
Refer a Friend Discount: Only applicable to people who are registering for clubs at Ascent for the first time. While booking, enter the first and last name of the person who referred you to our youth programs. The name you enter must be a parent who is in our system and has registered their child in youth clubs at some point. You and the person who referred you will receive an email from the youth programming coordinator with a unique discount code for 10% the next club program you enroll in. (For example, if you sign up using a reference for Session 1, you'll receive a discount code that can be used for Session 2, 3, or 4. You won't receive the discount code for Session 1).
If you can't attend one of your classes, don't fret. Let us know, and we'd be happy to schedule you for a makeup class. Makeup classes occur only during Friday Night Rock Out or Weekend Warrior classes on Sundays. You may make up one class in Level 1, or two classes in Level 2 and Level 3. Please email our Youth Programming Coordinator to schedule a make up class.
To use a gift card to sign up for a club, you must call the gym to enroll.
Sometimes, things happen and you can't make it to a youth program you've registered for. In that case, read on for our refund policy.
Cancel 7 days before the program: receive a full refund.
Cancel within 7 days of program: receive an account credit.
Cancel day before or day of program: no refund or credit offered.
*Full refunds issued for cancellations due to covid regardless of time of cancellation.
Mission and Values
The mission of the Ascent Studio Youth Clubs is to nurture and challenge young climbers as they learn new technical skills, engage in physical activity, and explore what it means to be a member of the climbing community.
In upholding this mission, we pursue the following core values:
- We embrace challenge, because challenge offers us an opportunity to grow.
- We seek out knowledge, because knowledge equips us for success.
- We commit to an active lifestyle, because we value a healthy body and a healthy mind.
- We encourage everyone, because everyone deserves the support of the community.
- We foster an environment of respect and acceptance, because everyone is an equal member of our community.
- We emphasize individualized learning, because each participant is unique.
Club Level 1
Our Level 1 Clubs are designed for the climber that is just getting started, and wants to explore the joys of climbing in an educational and interactive environment. All of our Level 1 Clubs meet only once per week, and follow a progressive 4-week curriculum. If you're just wanting to get your toes wet while discovering the magical sport of climbing, this is the place for you!
Our Seeds classes, designed for climbers ages 3-5, focus on developing gross and fine motor skills in a challenging and safety-conscious environment. Students will play games, tackle obstacles, and explore new opportunities under the guidance of our trained youth instructors.
Our Sprouts classes, designed for climbers ages 6-9, focus on problem solving, skill retention, and creative exploration while introducing basic climbing techniques. Our talented instructors will encourage students to grow at their own pace, while imparting foundational climbing knowledge.
Our Saplings classes, designed for climbers ages 10-13, emphasize setting personal goals, embracing new challenges, and building teamwork by introducing new and complex skills in a collaborative learning environment. Our instructors will lead the group on an interactive journey to establish climbing fundamentals and prepare students for a lifetime of climbing success.
Club Level 2
Our Club Level 2 programs are designed for students who have completed AT LEAST 1 session of our Club Level 1 programs, the Sprouts or the Saplings; OR have received a personal recommendation from a Youth Instructor. Mastery of the topics covered in our Club Level 1 curricula is a prerequisite for enrollment into Level 2. All of our Level 2 programs meet twice per week, and follow a 4-week curriculum. If you're ready to take your skills to the next level, this is the place for you!
Our Level 2 Sprouts classes, designed for climbers ages 6-9, focus on mastering the skills and techniques taught in the Level 1 Sprouts classes. These include advanced problem solving, skill analysis and application, and basic climbing movement theory. Our talented instructors will motivate students to mature as climbers, master new skills, and redefine boundaries of ability.
Completion of at least one session of Level 1 Sprouts is recommended before enrollment in Level 2.
Our Level 2 Saplings classes, designed for climbers ages 10-13, build on the foundations established in our Level 1 Saplings classes. Students will set and achieve personal goals, discover the joy of new challenges, and improve group and individual performance by experiencing intermediate and advanced skills in a collaborative learning environment. Our instructors will lead the group on an interactive journey to establish climbing fundamentals and prepare students for a lifetime of climbing success.
Completion of at least one session of Level 1 Saplings is recommended before enrollment in Level 2.
High School Level 2 meets twice per week. Participants will set and achieve personal goals, discover the joy of new challenges, and improve group and individual performance by experiencing intermediate and advanced skills in a collaborative learning environment. Our instructors will lead the group on an interactive journey to establish climbing fundamentals and prepare students for a lifetime of climbing success.
Club Level 3
For the Fall 2022 season, we are merging the former Level 3 Arborist program with the introductory Prep level of Team Ascent.There's a few reasons for this change:
- We currently have a smaller number of participants in both the Arborist program and the Prep Team, so it makes sense to combine the two offerings.
- We are better able to support the growth of the Level 3 participants using the resources and coaching staff of Team Ascent.
- We are overhauling the Level 2 curriculum to be more robust, to encourage upwards progression of club participants and help bridge the gap between the Club and Team programs.
So what does this mean for you, the former or prospective Level 3 participant? If you're excited to build new climbing skills through targeted drills, dive into more complex climbing techniques, and challenge yourself to grow your climbing acumen, then you're in the right place! If you're not sure if the Prep Team is the right fit for you, we encourage you to come to tryouts; the coaches can give you specific recommendations on whether the program would be a good fit.
Here's some info about joining the Prep Team:
- Competition is NOT required on the Prep Team! If climbing comps aren't your thing, that's totally fine. The focus of the Prep Team is on individual climber progression, and laying the groundwork for lifelong climbing success.
- The Prep Team is divided into two age brackets: the younger group consists of climbers born in 2010 or later, and the older group is comprised of climbers born between 2004 and 2009.
- The younger Prep Team practices on Mondays and Thursdays from 4-6pm. The older Prep Team practices on Mondays and Fridays from 6-8:30pm.
- Prospective members of the Prep Team are required to participate in Team Ascent tryouts. Tryouts are free, and are designed to give the coaches an idea of each climber's skillbase, so that we can better design practices for optimal climber growth.
- Fall 2022 tryouts will take place on Saturday Sep. 3rd and Saturday Sep. 10th; climbers need only attend one day.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Director of Programming Andrew Lee.