Get your campus moves ready!
Grab your chalk bag, but leave your shoes at home. It's time to get your campus moves ready. Anyone can participate!
This won't be an easy feat, but that makes it all the more rewarding. Rather you are in it for the glory or the cash purse; everyone is leaving pumped and satisfied. A redpoint campus competition + 5 strength & climbing feats will rank us our top 5 Women and top 5 Men to compete in the onsight Campus Finals for all to watch. Spectating is free. Beer, food, and a good show are not to be missed.
May 14th @ 5pm-10pm
Climbing Combine PortionWin a feat, get $50...it's that easy.
- The Speed Campus: Climbers will race up 20 campus rungs (no feet allowed) on our speed wall. Two attempts on each lane with head to head runs for motivation. Climber with the overall single fastest time wins this feat.
- The 15mm Deadlift: How much can you deadlift off 15mm? Starting at 50lbs and moving up 10lbs/set. Climber can in at any weight. Once a climber steps into the lifting comp, they will have to lift every increased weight to stay in. Heavist set wins this feat.
- The Volume Hang: Climbers have 3 attempts to maintain (for as long as you can) a compression hold on one of our dimension volumes, suspended from the lead prow. Longest time wins this feat.
- The Max Power Pull: Let's see that reach. Climber's will pull off a jug, set in the center of our training wall, and slap as high up on a yard stick as they can. 3 attempts/ climber. The greatest distance achieved wins this feat.
- The 360 Sloper Turntable: What in the hell is that you ask? A giant, rotating, sloper wheel...no biggie (Donated by Premium Holds). Climbers will attempt to turn this wheel for as many full rotations as they can. The most rotations in one attempt wins this feat.
Campus Competition PortionCash prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for both the male and female categories. *Definitely no feet allowed here*
- 5:00pm-8:00pm Redpoint Campus Quali's
- 20 campus boulders set around gym
- Record your top 3 highest scoring boulders
- Campus Finals @ 8:30pm
Each combine will carry it's on small cash prize. One for the top male competitor and one for the top female competitor. Win a feat, get $50...it's that easy.
Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in both the male and female categories.
1st- $125 | 2nd- $75 | 3rd- $50
|4:30pm||Sign in and Rules meeting|
|5:00pm-8:00pm||Redpoint Campus Quali's|
|5:00pm-8:00pm||The Volume Hang, The Max Power Pull, & The 360 Sloper Turnable|
|@ 6:00pm||The Speed Campus station opens|
|@ 7:00pm||The 15mm Deadlift station opens|
|8:30pm-10:00pm||Campus Finals and free beer|